Dr. Tamara Sutherland
Dr. Sutherland joined Associates in Pediatrics in July 2003, three years after the practice was founded. She has been a physician owner since 2006. Dr. Sutherland became the senior partner at Associates in Pediatrics in 2017.
Dr. Sutherland has received awards from the American Academy of Pediatrics for exceeding the standard requirements for Continuing Medical Education. She has also been highlighted in the Top Docs issue of Richmond Magazine in April of 2012. Her passion for pediatrics includes newborn care, asthma, ADHD, and wellness of her patients.
Dr. Sutherland has been working to promote exercise, health, and nutrition in our patients as well as our community. She has personally averaged two marathons per year since 2010 and has competed in the Boston Marathon every year since 2012.
Education & Training
- Medical Degree – State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine
- Pediatric Internship and Residency – Virginia Commonwealth University’s Medical College of Virginia
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics
Honors & Awards
- Award from the American Academy of Pediatrics for exceeding the standard requirements for Continuing Medical Education
- Highlighted in the Top Docs issue of Richmond Magazine in April of 2012
- 2019 Top Doc Pediatrician for Virginia
We are currently accepting new patients. Please call ahead to obtain an appointment or speak with a receptionist.
- Same day appointments available: To avoid cross contamination a separate waiting area is available for well and sick children.
- No walk-ins: 24 hours notice is required if you need to change your appointment.
- Visits: Please arrive five minutes before appointment time to fill out paperwork. We require that you provide a current insurance card; a picture id; co-pays or account balances are due at check in. If you’re child suffers from a complex issue, please advise the office personnel when making your appointment so that we may appropriate more time for your visit. If you are late for your appointment, you may be asked to reschedule.
- Well child exams and sports physicals: We will need your current immunization record & information on any ongoing medical treatment or condition. Please try to make these appointments 2 months in advance as slots fill up quickly. If you are late for your appointment, you may be asked to reschedule.
Fax: (804) 364-0120
Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM